On October 24th, 1848, the Methodist Church lot was marked out and sold to the Trustees of the Eganville Mission or Circuit of the Methodist Church of Canada. They were represented by Messrs. McKay, Lake, Dafoe, Waddington and Price. The Wendish Methodist Church was built circa 1849 and was the first church to be built in Combermere. It catered to the needs of the primarily German Wendish Methodist worshipers of the area who came from the Brandenburg area of Prussia. Many of the Methodist families were of German, Irish and French descent. Names in the records were Schweig, Boehme, Kelly, Bellisle, Towns, Oram, Richter, Popky, Pompe, Adrain and MacGregor. This Methodist church was sometimes used by the Roman Catholic worshipers in the area prior to 1909 and sometimes for other faiths. Known pastors included Rev. Samuel Salton (1874), Rev. Thomas H. Patchell (1875), Rev. Thomas Grandy (1876-1877), Rev. Andrew Wilson (1878-1880), Rev. Alfred Alexander Radley 1882-1884), Rev. S.S. Elliott (1891), Rev. Robert McConnell (1901), Rev. Nassau Topping (1903), Rev. George Dustin (1910), Rev. H. Brown (1911), Rev. A. E. Oliver and Rev. Crow.

The church property was sold (ceded) by the Methodist Synod to Herman F. Boehme and Louise Boehme on March 5, 1914.

The church and land was purchased in 1929 by Radcliffe Township for use as a town hall. The hall was also used for dances in WWII, organized by the Red Cross to raise funds to send supplies to Canadian troops serving overseas. The church was also a movie theatre in the 1950’s & early 1960’s and lastly a flea market.

In April 26,1966 the township demolished the church and in the agreement there was a covenant that the Township would keep the land in perpetuity for public purposes. Shortly after the demolition, the original log home of David Adrain, the first veterinarian in this end of the county, was moved log by log from where his home was located (Inn Towne Restaurant is now) onto this property. The relocated Adrain building is currently used as an arts and craft shop and is open during the summer months. The “Combermere Cabin Gallery of Crafts” has more than fifty members displaying and selling locally crafted arts and other items.